COVID-19 Test (At-Home Collection Kit)
We'll send you an at-home collection kit to collect your nasal swab sample and ship it back to our lab. Our lab will perform a PCR test on your sample for SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes coronavirus disease (also called COVID-19).
This test is available for ages 2 and up. The average time to deliver results is currently 1-2 days from when your sample is received at the lab. Our labs process samples seven days a week. Check with your local FedEx for pick up and drop off schedules.
Please note this test does not detect antibodies or immunity; it is designed to determine active infection with the virus that causes COVID-19. For more information on antibody testing visit Labcorp.com.
* Pixel by LabCorp offers this test and collection kit with an FDA Emergency Use Authorization. This means that while the laboratory performing this test has validation data to support offering this test and the collection kit, neither have been approved or cleared by the FDA. This test has only been authorized by FDA for detection of nucleic acid from SARS-CoV-2 (i.e., the COVID-19 virus), and not for any other virus or pathogen. It is only authorized during the duration of the COVID-19 emergency declaration by federal regulators. LabCorp may modify or cease to offer the test and the test kit upon direction of state or federal regulators in its sole discretion. Please see the Patient Fact Sheet and the Health Care Provider Fact Sheet for additional information.
No upfront cost.
Kits are available at no upfront cost to those who meet clinical guidelines. We can bill your insurance, utilize federal funds to cover the cost of this test on your behalf if you’re uninsured, or you can pay with a credit card. Learn more about billing options.
Available for ages 2 and up
Kid-Friendly COVID-19 Testing
When your child or teenager needs to get a PCR test for travel, summer activities, or possible infection, Pixel makes it easy. Sample collection is comfortable for your child with a short nasal swab taken in your own home.
How It Works
Frequently Asked Questions
Does this test detect the variants?
We have been regularly tracking variants of the virus throughout the pandemic. The sensitivity of our PCR test is not impacted by these variants.
- Variant B.1.1.7 (Alpha, Common name: U.K. Variant)
- Variant B.1.351 (Beta Common name: South Africa Variant)
- Variant P.1 (Gamma, Common name: Brazil Variant)
- Variant B.1.526 (Iota, Common name: New York Variant)
- Variant B.1.617.2 (Delta, Common name: India Variant)
What type of test is this?
The Pixel by Labcorp™ COVID-19 at-home kit is a molecular test, also known as a reverse polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) test or a nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT). This test detects the presence or absence of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.
How much is this test?
This collection kit is intended for individuals ages 2 or older looking to get tested for an active infection of COVID-19.
You are eligible for $0 upfront cost if you meet one of more of the following clinical guidelines for COVID-19 testing:
- You are experiencing mild symptoms
- You have been exposed to someone with COVID-19
- You live or work in a congregate setting
- You have been asked to get tested by a healthcare professional, contact investigator, or public health department.
The test costs $119 if you do not meet clinical guidelines but would like to get tested for peace of mind, travel, screening for work or school, or other activities.
What will my results tell me?
Your test results will confirm whether or not you are infected with SARS-CoV-2. If your results are positive, it is important to limit your exposure to other people and continue to monitor your symptoms. If your results are negative, the virus was not present in the sample you provided. However, it is important to note that the virus may not be detected by the test in early stages of infection. Furthermore, the virus may not be detected if the sample is not collected as directed. If you have reason to believe you have been exposed, it is important to follow up with a healthcare provider for further evaluation, get re-tested, and follow isolation or quarantine precautions as recommended
After receiving your results, you will have the opportunity to speak with a licensed physician who can answer any questions you may have about your test results and help determine next steps in care.
How is COVID-19 treated?
There is currently no treatment for COVID-19. Not all patients with COVID-19 will require medical attention, and most people recover within 2 weeks without any specific treatment. For severe cases, hospitalization and respiratory support may be required. Treatment for mild cases currently focuses on managing symptoms.
Where can I find out more?
Check out our COVID-19 FAQs for more information.
COVID-19 is caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus. Infection with the virus can range from being asymptomatic to life-threatening respiratory illness. Infection has been detected globally and in all 50 states. Symptoms associated with COVID-19 include cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat or new loss of taste or smell.
COVID-19 can present with severe illness in individuals of any age and without any previous health problems, but the risk for severe illness from COVID-19 increases with age, with older adults at highest risk. Having underlying medical conditions may also increase one’s risk for severe illness from COVID-19. Conditions and other risk factors that may be associated with severe illness and death are listed below.
If you have any symptoms concerning for COVID-19 and any of the following conditions or risk factors, which may put you at increased risk of severe illness from COVID-19, you should consult with your healthcare provider before using this test:
- Chronic kidney disease
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from solid organ transplant or bone marrow transplant, immune deficiencies, HIV, use of corticosteroids, or use of other immune weakening medicines
- Obesity (body mass index [BMI] of 30 or higher)
- Serious heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease, or cardiomyopathies
- Sickle cell disease
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Asthma (moderate-to-severe)
- Cerebrovascular disease (affects blood vessels and blood supply to the brain)
- Cystic fibrosis
- Hypertension or high blood pressure
- Neurologic conditions, such as dementia
- Liver disease
- Pulmonary fibrosis (having damaged or scarred lung tissues)
- Thalassemia (a type of blood disorder)
- Type 1 diabetes mellitus
Regardless of your risk status, if you are experiencing any of the following emergency warning signs for COVID-19, it is recommended that you immediately seek emergency care:
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion
- Inability to wake up or stay awake
- Bluish lips or face
How To Get This Test
1. Purchase your kit
Shop for at-home collection kits and pay online. Kits typically ship within 1-2 business days. An independent physician will review and approve your test requests; no doctor’s visit is required.
2. Register your kit and collect your sample
After you receive your kit, you can register it on the Pixel by Labcorp website. Follow the instructions provided to collect your sample, then mail your kit back to the lab using the pre-addresed and pre-paid mailing label.
3. Access your results online
View your easy-to-read results online in your Pixel by Labcorp account. For certain results that require prompt attention, you will also be contacted by phone or mail.
Getting My Results
We've made getting your results easier and more convenient than ever. View your easy-to-read results online in your Pixel by Labcorp account. For certain results that require prompt attention, you will also be contacted by phone or mail. To view a sample report click the "sample report" button below.